Main Image


The Mortgage Department is responsible for issuing Mortgage, Non-Lien, and UCC Certificates pursuant to applicable Louisiana statutes. As per statutes, all requests for certificates must be in writing. As the request is written, requests for certificates may also be received via facsimile.


Mortgage Certificates are issued by the department on a first come, first serve basis. You must provide us with the name(s) you want us to check and legal property description. If a legal property description is not available, the information may be obtained by calling the Lincoln Parish Assessor

A Mortgage Certificate is not a title opinion and makes no representation as to who might actually own the property described on the certificate. Previously issued certificates may be "up-dated" by the department, however the original certificate must be presented and must be less than one-year-old.


Non-Lien Certificates are also issued by the Mortgage Department. As with mortgage certificates, the request must be in writing. The request must include the name(s) you want us to check, the date the contract was signed, and a brief description of the work. Unless otherwise requested, the Non-Lien Certificate will be issued when requested.


UCC Certificates are issued by the Mortgage Department as well. The requests must be in writing on a Louisiana approved UCC-11 form, one debtor name per request. A Federal tax ID number should be provided although it is not yet required by statute. The lack of a Federal tax ID number will impact the results of your UCC certificate. The Secretary maintains an approved list of form vendors. 


Cancellations of all types must first be submitted to the Cancellation Clerk in the Recording Department before they will be accepted for recording by the Recording Department. This is to verify the information contained in the cancellation form. Cancellations in Lincoln Parish must be in authentic form, I.E. executed before a Notary Public, signed by the affiant and two witnesses. Also, with almost no exceptions, the original promissory note must be presented with the act of cancellation in order to cancel a mortgage. UCC terminations must be prepared on a Louisiana approved form and may be sent directly to the Recording Department.